Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Last journal entry - for now

It took me five weeks to complete the 1,270 miles from Burlington, IA to New Orleans. I reached New Orleans on Wednesday, July 11. My journey ended at Audubon Park, a few miles from downtown and the French Quarter. I had paddled a total of 2,742 km (1,704 miles) in 59 days.
This will be my last journal posting for a while. I am currently working on the book about my adventure, and all the time I have for writing will be taken up by the book for the next few months. I will post excerpts from the manuscript from time to time (if my publisher agrees) and will keep everyone posted on my next planned adventure.
I will announce my next river adventure soon...

Thank you!
Jacob, a.k.a the Crazy Kayaker

3 comments:

MAN_TANNA_ISLAND said...

Hello Jacob,

I loved your blog! I am taking up your motto "Tis better to die on a river then live in a cubicle"

A friend and I are meeting up in St. Louis this summer. We are taking 4 weeks and kayaking to New Orleans. We'd love to start from our home in Minneapolis, but we just can't get that much time away from work. Do you have any advice for this section of the river? ...Such as navigation issues, good places to stay or see, things you would do if you could do it all over again..etc etc.

We would love to get your advice!

Keep pulling,

Patrick and Aaron

Jacob van der Merwe said...

Hello Patrick & Aaron, good luck with your plans! Contact me via my web site http://crazykayaker.com - too much data for a blog comment exchange.

Cheers, Jacob

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.